The confidentiality of any communication between us is of utmost importance. We are registered under The Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and comply with the Act in all our dealings with your personal data.
This document describes how we collect, use and safeguard your personal information. If you have any questions relating to this policy, please do not hesitate to contact us.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
When you shop with us or register an account, we strive to only collect personal information necessary to conduct business as a premier retailer of bespoke women's shoes.
The information we collect includes:
- your full name and contact details (such as phone and email),
- your Date of Birth
- the name, address and contact details of the person who will take delivery of the product,
- demographic information such as occupation, preference and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- sizing measurements, and
- any personal information you disclose to us when you complete an online form on the Website, or send us via email.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We require personal information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping for your orders;
- To improve our products and services;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may be interested in using the email address which you have provided;
- We may occasionally use the information to contact you for market research purposes.
Solely Original does not hold your credit card details. Credit card details will be provided by you directly to our payment partner, Stripe, when your order is processed. Your information may be checked with credit agencies as part of this process.
We will not under any circumstances disclose information about you to a third party unrelated to our business, unless such a disclosure is authorised or required by law, or you have expressly consented to such a disclosure.
By placing your order you are offering to buy the goods and permitting us to use your personal details for the purposes of supplying goods (including passing your details onto couriers and other subcontractors).
If you are subscribed to receive email updates from us, we may send you such material periodically. You may unsubscribe from receiving these emails at any time by following the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the emails, or changing your preferences by logging into your Personal Account.
We may periodically send all members surveys or company announcements. These messages are separate to our newsletters, but you may also unsubscribe at any time by following the included instructions.
THIRD PARTY ADVERTISING
Third party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites on the internet.
SECURING AND STORING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are committed to maintaining the confidentiality of the information you have provided to us and we take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from unauthorised use or alteration.
Your personal information may be stored by us both electronically and in hard copy form. We take all necessary measures to ensure the security of your information in both these forms.
By creating an account with Solely Original, you consent to us sending you Administrative and Promotional Emails
a) “Administrative Emails” involve details of account activity and purchases you have made.
b) “Promotional Emails” consist of product information, new offers and information about Solely Original. You may choose to opt-out of receiving these emails anytime by simply clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of our emails and following the instructions.
MAILING LIST TERMS & CONDITIONS
As a condition of joining our mailing list, you consent to us sending you Promotional Emails. In this document, 'Promotional Emails' includes product information, new offers and information about Solely Original. You may choose to opt-out of receiving Promotional Emails anytime by simply clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of our emails.
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer. A cookie can be thought of as an Internet user’s identification card. They let the website know when the user has returned. This lets the site bring up information relevant to that user, for example your name, previous order etc.
Cookies make the interaction between users and websites faster and easier.
Cookies also help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor the website traffic. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
COOKIES USED BY SANEMIKO
The following Cookie categories are based on the classification presented in The International Chambers of Commerce (ICC) Cookie Guide
Category 1: Strictly necessary cookies. These cookies are strictly necessary to provide services that you have requested.
- Login status: To identify you as being logged in to our website.
- User Subscription Data: Subscription cookies allow us to ensure that you can access resources which you have registered for.
Category 2: Performance cookies. These cookies collect information about how visitors use our website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often. The information collected by these cookies is aggregated, so these cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. The information collected is anonymous and is only used to improve the way our website works.
- Web Analytics: Google Web Analytics cookies are used to improve the design and user experience of our website by providing statistics on site usage and pages visited.
- Click on this link to opt out of Google Web Analytics
Category 3: Functionality cookies. These cookies allow us to remember choices you make (such as your username, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more relevant features.
- Login Information: Login cookies may be used to communicate your login details across pages of this website. This data is encrypted and not shared with third parties.
Category 4: Targeting or Advertising cookies. These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers.
- Targeted Advertising: Advertising cookies are used by third parties to gather and send information to other websites so that they can present you with adverts you may be interested in.
- These cookies can be linked to clicks on ‘Like’ or ‘Share’ buttons which may be used on this site.
- The third party advertising networks are used by Solely Original: Google Advertising
You may choose to decline these cookies by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, the inclusion of such links on our Website does not imply an endorsement of that website by us. Therefore, we accept no responsibility for the contents or the privacy protection of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data, but cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
TERMS OF THE WEBSITE USAGE POLICY
The term 'you' refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).